There is a little game going around the moms blogging world. What you do is post 8 interesting facts about yourself that people really didn’t know about you. Hold your breath here I GO!
1) GASP!….. I’m really going to post this. I have been previously married. I got married right out of highschool thinking to my highschool sweetheart. It went downhill fast :(.
2) Because of number 1… I’m scared of getting married again. YES you read that right, I’m not married. Everyone thinks I am because I have two beautiful girls and I have been with their dad over 5 years now. We consider each other hubbs and wifey but we have never officially got married ;).
3) I still co-sleep with my 4 year old and 2 year old and have no means of stopping anytime soon ;). I love to wake up to them and see their smiley faces and love to snuggle with them at night. It warms my heart and I know they are safe right there with me.
4) I love God and pray to him daily and thank him always for my girls, but, there is that but, we don’t go to church every Sunday :(. I just feel that since I’m not married I would be a hypocrite going to church. I still believe in God and tell my girls about him. Hopefully one day we can make this right!
5) I was molested as a very young girl by a really close family member and I still can’t come to terms today to tell anybody. Only person that know’s is my better half, Scott. It haunts me all the time and one day I hope to get it off my chest.
6) I love to sing. I know I may not have the best voice in the world, but 75% of the day I’m singing. I sing while I cook, I sing in the shower, I sing driving down the road, I sing to my girls….. I just LOVE To sing. It helps me relieve stress and feel renewed again.
7) I have been going to the gym for 3 months and have lost a total of 21lbs. See my weight fell off when I had Madisyn and I was back in size 5’s by the time she was 6months old. With Lyndsee I have had the worst trouble getting it off. She is 2.5 now and it IS TIME to get it off and get my self-confidence back.
8) I’m going to be a Florida Chic. I have lived in the Mountains all my life and I know this will be a cultural shock but I am ready for the new adventure and hopefully this will be a good move for our family!
Ok there you have it. Do you still like me? I sure hope so ;).
Now I want to hear from the following people about their 8 interesting facts!
Heather @ Desparately Seeking Sanity
Tishia @ The Tishia Lee Show
Kelly @ Work at Home Talk Radio
Ponn @ Empowering Women Now
Let’s hear it ladies 🙂
You were a lot more personal than I was 😉 Now I feel like I should devulge something deeper than I still watch the real world 😉
You know I’m here for you if you ever need to get things off your chest. There is a lot of sex abuse in my family…it’s a terrible thing. One my 48 year old mother still can’t come to terms with.
HUGS to you.
Carrie Lauth says
#4 He still wants you there. 🙂 Jesus dined with prostitutes, remember? Not that I’m comparing you with one. LOL! It’s just that he would rather you reach out even if you’re afraid to. He loves you more than you love yourself. How does your dh feel about marriage? Are you afraid that if you reach out to God then you’ll be forced to make a decision? It’s something to ponder. 🙂
#5 🙁 I’m so sorry. Yes you need to get some help with this. Talk to a counselor or someone you trust (outside of dh and your family, it needs to be a person who isn’t emotionally involved with you, then you can be really honest!)
#7 Good for you!
Of course we still like you!
Heather @ Desperately Seeking Sanity says
Um, Jen? I’m not married…and I have two kids…. and if the doors are open, we’re at church… 🙂
That’s the nifty thing about God… 🙂 He’s pretty cool like that… 🙂 And I went through all of this not too long ago, so should you ever want to chat, lemme know…it’s been a ride… 🙂
And yes, we still love ya!
I agree about church girl 😉 We’re ALL sinners, but God loves us anyways. If he were only interested in perfect people at church there would never be anyone at church.
I lived with my husband before we were married, had sex before marriage, have used the Lords name in vain and a host of other sins…but I’m always welcomed and loved by the Lord.
Jesus is an awesome guy 😉 He took all our sins … good thing or we’d all be doomed.