As much as I want to just keep my girls small forever, it is not going to happen. I have needed these last few months to really get a good grasp on this next journey we are leaping into with my oldest daughter, M. As I have shared, I was so scared when I was M’s age. I didn’t know what to expect. I was so clueless and it left me in tears one day at school. Those emotions are emotions I want M to escape. She has my shoulder to lean on and always. This campaign has helped me stop and think about her feelings first.
How can you be emotionally connected with your daughter?
1. Sit aside mom and daughter one-on-one conversation time. Invite your daughter in the kitchen to help you cook dinner and talk casually about her feelings and questions she may have about growing up.
2. Go on mom and daughter dates. M really enjoys this and loves getting my attention away from technology, household things and just concentrate on each other for a couple hours.
3. Check out websites such as the Kotex one and read books together. It helps start conversations and helps know what your daughter is thinking about and going through at any specific time.
4. Ask her about her day in the evenings. Let her open up to you and know that you care what she did at school, sports or extracurricular activities.
5. Tuck her in at night. Tell her you love her and spend time reading a bible story and sharing bible verses with her that will help her with this life journey.
Stay connected at all times. Always make her feel you are always there and will drop anything to talk to her. My girls are truly my best friends and I always want them to feel the same way about me.
Last weekend, we had a movie and sundae date night. We all made homemade sundaes in the kitchen and jumped into bed and watched a Christmas movie. No computers or cell phones around. Just one-on-one time with mommy. It was so nice.
I’m ready for this next adventure in parenting. My sweet baby girls!
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a Brand Ambassador Campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of U by Kotex Tween and received products to facilitate my post and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.