Are you taking a double take at the headline? I did too!
If you have a child that loves milk as much as our L does, then you are going to be smiling really big at this shelf safe milk. You may be asking what is shelf safe milk? It is just like the milk you drink every single day except it is packaged and processed differently. When I first saw milk on the shelf, I scratched my head. I wasn’t quite sure how milk could be kept on a shelf and not go bad. MilkUnleashed.com will enlighten you on this great milk.
The secret is in the processing of the milk. Shelf safe milk has been pasteurized at an Ultra High Temperature (UHT) for a
shorter time, to preserve taste and nutrition
– Milk is exposed to intense heating to temperatures from 275-284°F for
– Passes through heating and cooling stages in quick succession only three seconds
The containers that the milk is packaged in helps keep the milk safe. Milk is immediately put into a sterile, opaque Tetra Pak shelf-safe carton that keeps out light, air and harmful contaminants.
– Packaging is 70% paper; aluminum foil is used to keep out oxygen and prevent spoiling; thin layer of plastic is BPA-free
– The result? Milk that lasts up to six months without refrigeration or preservatives!
– Once opened, the life of the milk is about the same as refrigerator milk – up to a week or so (always remember to check the package for instructions)
Since we live in the mountains, we can lose power frequently with high winds or snow storms. This is the perfect solution for us since we can always make sure we have milk stocked in the pantry and use it when the power goes out. Also, we are using the milk now on our trips. Instead of making sure it is kept cold 24/7, we can keep a stock of it and then refrigerate it when we need too for L to drink. So awesome! Just to make sure not to keep the milk stored in a hot vehicle for long periods of time.
Guess what? You do not need to refrigerate the milk before drinking it. If your toddler likes their milk warm and you are on a trip, this is a perfect go-to solution.
Another positive is the milk can be recycled. As stated above, the packaging is made of 70% paper, which is considered a renewable resource. One in three American households has access to carton recycling across 40 states. To find out if cartons are recycled in your community, visit: http://www.recyclecartons.com
L loves her milk and this has been such a life saver for us since we have learned all about MilkUnleashed.com. We are taking it to M’s sporting events, our travel trips and even trips to the park. The convenience is the huge selling point and is going to cause less stress in so many families.
Most of the brands that you have grown to love as family are available in the shelf safe milk. Check out the list of the brands on the website. Try it out today. I know you will not be disappointed!
– Like Milk Unleashed on Facebook for the latest news, updates and info – they’re launching a contest next week!
– Check out the Milk Unleashed recipe boards on Pinterest! Check it out for lunch box ideas, DIY projects, healthy snacks, fun family activities and more!
Disclosure: I am in a working relationship with The Motherhood and MilkUnleashed.com. All thoughts and opinions are of my own and honest!