We love celebrating holidays. The smiles on the girls faces are priceless. It makes the holidays more engaging and obviously more fun. St. Patrick’s Day is this week and here are a few festive ideas to get the family ready for St. Patrick’s Day. Thank you to Family Fun Magazine for the awesome ideas.
- Cardboard tubes
- Green paint
- Fishing line/string
1. Cut four half-inch rings from a flattened cardboard tube, then cut through one of the folds on each ring.
2. For three of the rings, bend and glue the two ends to form a heart-shaped leaf.
3. Fold the fourth ring into a triangular stem and glue the ends together.
4. Glue the stem between two leaves, then glue on the third.
5. Paint the shamrock green. When it’s dry, hang it with fishing line or string.
- Printable beard template from familyfunmag.com
- Faux fur
- Corrugated cardboard
- Bamboo skewer
1. Print out beard template from familyfunmag.com
2. Cut the shape from a piece of faux fur and a piece of corrugated cardboard (with the corrugations running vertically).
3. Glue the fur to the cardboard.
4. Place a bit of glue on the end of a bamboo skewer, then insert it into one of the center flutes of the cardboard.
5. Let the glue dry before employing the disguise.
Over the Veggie Rainbow
- Small bowl
- Dip of choice (we used guacamole)
- Bell peppers – various colors
1. Fill a small bowl with dip.
2. Slice four long strips of bell peppers in various colors and arrange them as shown.
3. Cut two small cauliflower clouds, skewer each with a toothpick, then position one on each side of the peppers.
4. Place sliced carrot coins beside the bowl for the leprechaun’s pot of gold.