– Base with SafeCell Technology features SafeCells designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat.
– Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash.
– Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat.
Avery’s mom, Ashley, shares her thoughts about the car seat.
The Britax Marathon is the easiest car seat I have ever installed. I attribute this to the quality materials of the seat and the easy to understand instructions. I love the way the latch anchors slide along a bar to help alternate between rear and forward facing. The belt path installation is usually the most cumbersome part, but with the Marathon even this step was easy. Again, this is because of the well written and well-illustrated instructions. The tether anchor is also a great touch, as we have used car seats in the past with no tether, and it seems as if the car seat has way too much movement, especially if we were to have a rollover accident.
Avery loves this seat, as she has fallen asleep every time we have put her in it. The cushions on the shoulder straps help keep her comfortable instead of rubbing on her neck, and when the straps are tightened she is very secure, yet comfortable. Compared to other car seats that we have used in the past, this is by far her’s and our favorite. The neutral color scheme is also very appealing as this car seat would work for a boy or girl. One of my only minor complaints about the seat is that it’s difficult to tighten and release the shoulder straps while rear facing, due to the awkward angle and tight configuration of the car seat up against the backrest of the vehicle seat. I haven’t seen a car seat yet that manages to avoid this issue, but it would be nice to see in the future.
A checklist of some of our favorite features:
- Quick-Adjust Harness repositions the harness shoulder height without disassembling the harness straps
- Side Impact Protection comprised of deep side walls lined with energy-absorbing EPP foam distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains the head, neck and body
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- HUGS (Harness Ultra Guard System) Chest Pads provide resistance to forward movement in the event of a crash
- 65-pound Weight Capacity for safety and comfort as your child grows
- Rear and Forward Facing Recline for child comfort and positioning
High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion your child
- Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Made in the USA with global components
A happy baby and a happy mom means lots of sweet family travels. Thank you BRITAX!
MSRP (USD): $289.99