The internet can be a scary place and especially this holds true for children. You hear so much about child predators and the internet is instant bait which just sickens me. My girls are limited to what they can do online and I am right there with them when they are online to ensure they are safe. With my oldest daughter M though, we are entering the stage where she wants to talk to her friends online and play games online. I have been searching for a site that would allow her to play games safely online and was recently introduced to Yoursphere.com.
We are taking things slow but I let M dive in last week. Over the next three months, I will be posting updates on my thoughts and opinions of the site.
My first impression:
– I love how secure the site is and how they double check anyone when signing up.
– The team of law enforcement force behind the site really eases my mind.
– I am not sure how I feel about her adding friends but will go deeper in thought with this over the next two months as we continue to research the site fully.
M’s first impression:
– She loves all the different games that is available to play in the virtual world.
– The object of collecting coins is really enticing for her as she is very competitive.
The concept is such a great one and much needed for tweens 8 to 12. There needs to be a safe place and I feel like Mary Kay the founder is really developing this with Yoursphere.com. As stated on their site:
Yoursphere’s priority of children’s online safety and privacy is achieved via implementation of technology, human oversight, proprietary policies including input from their Law Enforcement Task Force populated by former Secret Service, FBI agents and other law enforcement officials as well as through education and action.
I look forward to diving even deeper with M and sharing our experiences. Stay tuned. Why don’t you join with your tweens as well and navigate a safer environment. If you do sign-up, use the code: YS11-RTR8. Also join Yoursphere on Facebook to stay updated and Twitter as well.
Disclosure: I am participating in a summer campaign with Yoursphere. I am compensated for my time. As always, all thoughts and opinions are of my own.