Italian night does not always have to be so high in fat to taste delicious. I have cooked this lasagna for years and there are never no leftovers left every time I serve it for dinner. As you all know, I am queen of easy recipes since my days are pretty full. So, this recipe is no different. Enjoy an Italian night and still keep your figure. Win-Win for everyone right?
I thought I would video myself the other night when I was making so dinner so you all can see how easy this recipe is!
Now does that not look so delicious?
1 Box of Whole Wheat Lasagna
1 Sweet Onion (chopped)
1 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
1 TSP. Garlic in Extra Olive Oil
1 LB Ground Turkey
1 Jar of Spaghetti Sauce
2 Cups of Low Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1. Boil lasagna noodles.
2. Saute the onions and peppers with a teaspoon of low fat butter and a teaspoon of garlic in extra olive oil.
3. Brown the ground turkey with the veggies.
4. Add the spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil.
5. Layer 13 x 9 casserole dish with noodles, then sauce mixture, then shredded mozzarella cheese. Continue to layer until the dish is filled to the top.
6. Bake in oven at 375 degrees until cheese is melted and slight brown on top.