My mom requested a cake without icing for her birthday last week. She loves german chocolate, so I thought I would whip up an easy recipe to surprise her. Since school, work, and all the extracurricular activities were all taking up my extra time, I went with a boxed cake mix. Please do not hate until you have tried this recipe. It has a special step that leaves the cake so moist.
1 box of German chocolate cake mix
1 15 oz. container of coconut pecan frosting
1 cup of water
1/3 cup of olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cooking spray (Pam) on your baking dish. I used a circular cake pan.
2. In a big mixing bowl – mix the cake mix, frosting, water, olive oil and eggs really well until smooth.
3. Pour the batter into the baking dish.
4. Bake for 50 minutes or until done. Ovens can vary. I test by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the cake to ensure it comes out clean. Wait till cake is cooled before you cut.
5. Enjoy a delicious moist cake.