We revealed our family Valentine’s gift yesterday evening. The look on the girls face as we were walking out of the store was just priceless. M said “Mom, I dreamed that we would get a Wii… it is coming true.” So cute.
Yes… we finally have our own Wii after having so much fun with our great friends Wii. I would be lying if I told you I wasn’t excited too. I just love how this is such a family game and you actually move around and not sit still while playing.
What are some must have games that your family enjoys playing? We went ahead and bought the Wii play game set so we could have the extra remote.
How does everyone like the Wii Fit? Should we get it? Love to hear your thoughts 🙂
Congratulations! You will have a blast.
There are different styles of games, but I’ll tell you some of our favorites.
– MarioKart. Really fun racing game. You don’t have to buy the steering wheel accessories, but they’re fun.
– Mario Galaxy. Your kids might be a little young for this but they’ll love the first few levels and you and your husband will enjoy it.
– Animal Crossing. Go buy this tomorrow! It’s a low-key game that evolves in real time. Move into a little town, greet animal neighbors that move in, pick fruit and seashells and sell them to buy furniture and clothes. A great open-ended game that’s highly addicting. If you don’t play for a while though, expect to find your town full of weeds and neighbors moved out.
– Wii fit is a lot of fun, but a bit of an investment. You can use the board now for other fitness titles and for wii-ski, which my kids enjoy.
– My Sims Kingdom. Another great role-playing type game with loads of funny adventures.
– Endless Ocean. More for adults, this is fascinating and relaxing, but also challenging as you dive into a 3-D world and discover what lies beneath.
Be sure you pick up nunchucks for each remote, if you haven’t already. I’m finally getting a recharging station. Wish I’d picked it up before we burned through so many batteries.
threeundertwo’s last blog post..Happy Thursday: Woo-Hoo
Midwest Mom says
Oh, I’m so excited for you! We have wanted to get a Wii, too. Honestly, though, I worry about the expense, so we haven’t splurged yet.
I’m eager to find out how you like it. I’ll check back!
Midwest Mom’s last blog post..Bargain Valentine Dos and Don’ts
casual friday everyday says
Have fun with it!
casual friday everyday’s last blog post..Can You Handle This Transparency?
ty man.this is good text sozluk
Lisa D. says
Well, I really like the wii fit, being a physical trainer, but the WarioWare Smooth Moves is my favorite! If you like Dancing with the Stars, visit my site, and read the blog about wii dancing with the stars. It ROCKS!!
Lisa D.’s last blog post..So you want to keep pace with the amazing race?
Mary J says
Hey, something I can actually comment on! (I mostly lurk – partly because we don’t have a blog exactly)
We haven’t actually gone and purchased wii fit yet, although they are a lot of fun, but I did go through the games we have and review them from an exercise point of view 🙂 (http://techhome.phibian.com/Entertainment/Wii/)
Aside from Cooking Mama and Playground which were gifts, all the games mentioned on that page are ones we wanted before we got them and we would certainly recommend them.
We love our Wii, and our son is too young to even play. So, I guess I’m saying adults enjoy it just as much as kids. I really like the Wii Fit, as it tracks your bmi/weight/exercise time. Although the balance games and aerobics would be fun for kids, the yoga and strength training are more geared for teens or adults. Wii Sports includes Bowling, Tennis, Golf, Boxing, and Baseball. That’s a good one for kids and adults alike. Have fun!
Cara’s last blog post..Upcoming Events/ Shows:
streaming gratuit says
Actually i have a ps3 but my son doesn’t stop to ask me a wii ! :p
Car Parking Games says
I would be lying if I told you I wasn’t excited too. I just love how this is such a family game and you actually move around and not sit still while playing.
Robert Kuramoto says
1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Supre Smash Bros.
3. Wii Sports Resort
4. Wii Fit/Wii Fit Plus
5. Zack and Wiki
There is a great website I found that has a list of the top ten games ranked by category:
Top Ten Wii Games
Army rations says
A lot of Wii games have been hitting the market and there has been no shortage of games for this platform even in terms of variety either. Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros are two amazing games very interesting to play.