Summer is a special time as there are more daytime hours, sun, warm air and just that extra spark in the air. I love creating fun summertime memories with my girls that I hope they will remember for years and years to come. I thought I would share some with you to give you some extra fun ideas for these warm summer nights.
1. Make homemade ice cream. My girls love this and enjoy helping add the ingredients into the machine. We will sit and just laugh at the girls dancing, singing, and etc. and then all enjoy a delicious bowl of ice cream once it is done.
2. Catching lightning bugs. Once the sun sets these little lights start showing up in our yard ;). It’s fun to go throughout the yard with the girls and see who can catch the most lightning bugs.
3. Bonfire. Get your chairs out in a circle. Gather some wood and create a bonfire. Let the kids roast marshmallows or hot dogs and just sit and listen to your child’s stories. Believe me they have some funny tales :).
4. Take a walk or bicycle through the neighborhood. Kids love getting outside so take time to just take a stroll or a bike ride and enjoy the summer air.
5. Water Balloons. Fill up several water balloons and just get wet! Do parents vs. kids and have a blast to see who can break the most balloons or get the most wet.
There you go… easy fun family times that will create lasting memories! What does your family do on these warm summer nights? Add your ideas below.